On opportunity for fellowship, Bible study and prayer as we meet in people's homes.
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Nehemiah 8v1-18 WEDNESDAY 22nd March 2017
- What is going on here? What is your impression of the occasion? Who is taking part? Who is doing what?
- What does this teach us about God’s word?
- What is the first reaction of the people?
- Why would they be like this?
- Has God’s word ever effected you in a similar way?
- The peoples’ mood changed. How and why?
- What does it mean for the “joy of the Lord to be our strength?” How do we get this joy?
- Describe what went on in these verses and compare it to Leviticus 23v33-43?
- Do we miss out on these feasts/festivals in the New Testament? What could we do, as a church (and on regular occasions), to help us celebrate and be filled with joy?
- Read John 7v37-39. What did Jesus do on the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles? What is the significance of this for the feast and for us?