This evening we are meeting in Small Groups for fellowship, Prayer and Bible study.
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
TEXT: Luke 24 and 1 Corinthians 15
DATE: Wednesday 4th April 2018
1/ Read Luke 24v1-12
- When did the reality of the resurrection of Christ first impact you?
- What are some views around today on: “what happens after death”, and “the afterlife”?
- How would you explain Easter to someone who asked you, “What’s Easter all about anyway?”
2/ Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, what are the key elements of the Gospel?
- Do people ever say to you that you have “blind faith?” What does “blind faith” mean?
- What type of proof is offered for the resurrection of Jesus in these verses?
- What kind of evidence is there for the resurrection?
3/ Read 1Corinthians 15:12-19, if Christ did not rise from the dead, what would it mean? What would be some implications of a Christ who died and stayed dead?
4/ Read v20-23.
- Define “firstfruits.” What is the point regarding Jesus’ resurrection?
- When will the dead be raised?
5/ Read v35-49. There are three illustrations here: seed (v36-38); earthly bodies (v39); heavenly bodies (v40-41).
- What is Paul illustrating?
- What do these verses teach us about our present body and our future body?
6/ According to 1 Corinthians 15:50-58, what are some specific ways that the resurrection gives us hope?
Adapted from questions given in:
For more information about Small Groups please email us on contact@hookchurch .org.